- Get with your DNS admin and have an entry created for PWA. Have this pointed to the load balancer or web front end server that will be hosting the PWA app.
- Go to SharePoint Central Administration - Application Management - Manage web applications.
- Create a new web app to host the PWA site. Use the URL created in step 1 for the Host Header.
- Complete the rest of the fields as appropriate.
- Go to SharePoint Central Administration - Application Management - Manage service applications.
- Create a new Project Server Service Application. Call it PWA, for example.
- Once processing is complete, click on the name of the new PWA service app.
- Click create Project Web App site.
- Ensure the web app you created above is selected. Type a slash "/" for Project Web App Path. Do NOT select Use Project Web App path as host header (you are already using the appropriate host header in IIS when you created the web app).
Once the PWA site and databases are provisioned, you'll be able to access PWA at http://pwa.mycompany.com (or whatever URL you used).