Friday, July 27, 2012

SharePoint 2010 My Sites

Rather than reinvent the wheel or reword what has been said by others, I'm simply posting a collection of good My Site resources, including training sites, courses, and videos from Microsoft:
One important thing to do once you have a My Site host up and running, is to encourage users to upload their picture to help put a face to a name and increase the benefit of SharePoint's social networking features. Here's my tips for getting your picture up on your My Site:
  1. Look professional and work-appropriate. Make sure you're dressed in attire you wear on the job, whether it's business professional, causal, industrial, or other.
  2. Smile, or at least don't frown. You enjoy working for your employer, right? Show them how much!
  3. Use your laptop webcam, phone camera, or personal camera to take a picture of yourself.
  4. Use a picture editor such as Paint to resize the picture to a web-friendly size (e.g., 144x144). Save the resized picture as a jpg.
  5. Edit your My Site profile by going to http://[yourMySiteURL/_layouts/EditProfile.aspx
  6. In the Picture section, click "Choose Picture". Click "Choose File" in the pop-up. Locate the picture you saved in step 4.
  7. Scroll to the botton and click "Save and Close".
  8. Review your My Site profile to make sure it looks good: http://[yourMySiteURL]/Person.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment