Books24x7 is a vast virtual library resource available to subscribers. This is not an advertising plug... Many companies already subscribe to Books24x7, but this fact may not be well communicated in your organization and this resource may not be receiving much use, which translates to money flushing down the tubes. Check around with people in your organization, or search your intranet portal to see if they maintain a Books24x7 subscription account. Also inquire about what type of account it is (Office Essentials, IT Pro, etc.). Anyone looking to learn more about SharePoint and make the most out of your organization's SharePoint infrastructure will benefit from this excellent resource.
If your company does have access to Books24x7, log in and use the search box to find SharePoint books. Or, rather than searching, once you're logged in, use these links I'm providing to go directly to some good user oriented books worth checking out:
- Office and SharePoint 2010 User's Guide: Integrating SharePoint with Excel, Outlook, Access and Word
- SharePoint 2010: Six-in-One
- SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence 24-Hour Trainer
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 End User Guide: Business Performance Enhancement: Taking the Basics to the Business with No-Coding Solutions for SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint 2010 User’s Guide: Learning Microsoft’s Business Collaboration Platform, Updated
- How to Do Everything: Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint Server 2010 Enterprise Content Management
- Pro Project Management with SharePoint 2010
- Professional SharePoint 2010 Field Guide
- Pro SharePoint 2010 Governance
There's a plethora of other books on Books24x7 as well, so feel free to explore.You can access the books from any computer or even from Web enabled mobile devices (e.g., iPad, Kindle Fire, or Google Nexus) - no need to do this while you're at the office.